Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Don't you just love General Conference! Oct 6th 2014

First I want to thank all of you who wished me a happy birthday.  Don't worry about buying me anything that will probably end up rusted or broken. It would be better if you got me something that wouldn't spoil, rot, rust, or decay. I'm not talking about any material possession but rather as Jacob puts it "But before ye seek for riches, seek ye the kingdom of God. And after you have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches. If yea seek them and ye will seek them for the intent to do good, to clothe the naked and to feed the hungry, and administer to the sick and the afflicted." Jacob 2:18-19. "Then wake up and do something more than dream of your mansions above! Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." One of my favorite conference talks was that of Elder Holland. So for my birthday I want you all to follow his advice and go and serve!
Other than Holland's talk, I was a big fan of President Monson, Elder Lynn G Robbins, Elder Bednar, President Uchtdorf, and Elder Jorg something (can't remember his last name). I also enjoyed listening to the other languages that were spoken. I watched it in English unless the speaker was going to speak in Spanish. A translator can translate from one language to another but they can't translate the emotions of the speaker. I absolutely LOVED conference!!!!
Well besides the excitement of conference, I am training again. My new companion is from Peru and his name is Elder P. He has a twin brother serving in another mission in Mexico. He's actually a cool kid. He is 19 years old and a bit timid so I have my work cut out for me.
This week we also have a baptism set up. It's the mom of the 2 girls we baptized a few weeks ago. She is very excited about it. She's been progressing very quickly. She and her daughters are reading the Book of Mormon everyday and she even is going to send us to the house of a few of her relatives so we can teach them. It's funny because the Gospel isn't only having an effect on her and her kids but on her husband also! Her husband doesn't want anything to do with us. He's nice and treats us well, but he never wants to listen. But Natalia, (his wife that is going to be baptized) told us that he is starting to drink less and is less aggressive too. I love watching the change in peoples lives when they choose to live the gospel. But I love it even more when it changes the lives of those around them too! Moral of the story, Live the gospel and things will change for the better!!!
We had A. come to church yesterday! Finally!! He's been telling us since the second week we taught, him that he wants to be baptized but for one reason or another he hasn't been able to attend. But he reads his scriptures every day and is keeping his commitments. The only thing he wasn't doing was attending church but he went yesterday and brought his brother too! He is really excited about his date for the 2nd of November! That is a very special day too because that's the day I also entered the waters of baptism 12 years ago! Yes I was baptized on November 2, 2002 by my father. I remember it pretty well because I was the first one of all the kids who were getting baptized that day and I had perfectly warm water!!! So I'm really excited for him and hopefully we can baptize his brother the same day too. 
I hope everybody enjoys this week and may the Lord continue to pour out blessings upon you. Love you all! Go BSU!!!!

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment