Wednesday, December 3, 2014

FIRE in the Church! Nov.24th 2014

First off, I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I am indeed very thankful for each and everyone of you and all you have done for me! Thank you!!
Secondly, I'm sure you are all very worried about the title of this email, "fire in the Church" Well, rest assured, my father has trained me very well! As they all say, Like father, like son!! Only this son got the better looks and height!! ;) Hahahahaha Anyways, There was a combined mutual activity that we were invited to. We brought a few investigators also. They were making Corn dogs. Well, the weeks prior to the activity, the Bishop decided to change the flooring. So they changed the tile flooring and removed the stove in the kitchen. When the Young Mens' Presidente goes to turn on the stove, a flame shoots out the back of the stove and everyone clears the room! It was shocking because they cleared the room so fast! The good news is, is that it was only a gas fire so all we had to do was shut off the gas. But to my shock, there wasn't even a fire extinguisher in the kitchen!!! In a country were all your firefighters are volunteers and the nearest statino is about 20 minutes away, there should be a fire extinguisher in the room most plausible for a fire to break out!!! Needless to say, We put the fire out and the only damage done was a black mark on the wall where the flame had been. 
Ok, well, now that the fire is out, "let's get down to business!" (name that Movie!) So after A's baptism, we visited with his family. They all loved it and now his two brothers are making the preparations to be baptized the 7th of December!!! Well, Ar for the 7th and An for the 14th. Oh and his mom also for the 14th. They are such a great family and I hope to be able to baptize them all before I leave the area. Also, A had his interview with the Bishop to see if he will receive the Aaronic Priesthood Sunday!! What a treat it would be to see him Baptize his own family!!! There is no greater blessing than the Priesthood!!! The priesthood has blessed my life many times and now I've been able to use the priesthood power to bless the life of a young man who will in turn use the priesthood power to bless his life, his family´s life, and the lives of many others!! 
As I was studying this week, I came across a quote that I really like by President Hinckley. He said, "Theology may be argued over, but personal testimony, coupled with performance, cannot be refuted!" I love this quote because it reminds me of what it says in James; that faith without works is dead in and of itself. I pray that more than anything I have been able to show my testimony through my actions. Another person once said, You can tell a man´s true religion by the way he lives his life. This is my point, more than anything, we need to LIVE the Gospel!! When we live the Gospel, our lives change, the lives of those around us change! When we live the Gospel, we find purpose to our lives, we come to understand the love God has for each and every one of us, and we come to understand the atonement of Christ a little better! I pray that each and every one of us and strive to be a little better in living the Gospel. If you don't know what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is or what it entails, ask the missionaries!! They will be more than happy to help you! I love this Gospel with all that I have because all that I have has been a blessing sent from God for living the Gospel!! I know this church to be true! En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment