Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Turning 20! October 13th 2014

Wow what a week! I think I gained a few pounds from all the cake I ate!!! Yes I did get my face shoved into a cake 3 times!

I was able to celebrate my birthday with some of my converts so it was a great birthday! Again I want to thank all of you for the birthday wishes! And for all the birthday gifts! I was excited to hear all the acts of service you all did.

Although, I hope not to offend anyone but the best birthday present I received was the opportunity I had to baptize the mother of the 2 girls that we had baptized a few weeks earlier. While we didn't baptize her on the 10th, it was just as special on the 11th. The following day on the 12th she was confirmed and received the holy Ghost. Now comes the real trick, her husband! Maybe as a Christmas present ;)

Yesterday was a pretty great day. We had one investigator show up on her own! Her name is A. L. Her husband actually just immigrated to the US and is in LA i think. But we met with her during the week and we were talking and I asked her if she had prayed and asked if it was true and she told me no. I was a little disappointed until she told me that she didn't have to pray to know it was true. She had read the Book of Mormon. With her husband gone, she had been very nervous and stressed, but when she read, she said she felt at peace as if everything was going to be alright. I love it when people read the Book of Mormon because they truly can feel at peace! 
We also had to go search for another investigator who didn't show up on time. He was in his house and was about to go play in a soccer game when we arrived. I started talking with him and told him, your salvation is more important than the quarter finals. It was late and he could only make it to the last hour of church but we brought him. I actually wasn't going to leave unless he came to church. I was close to dragging him there. haha  He's a real great kid! He's expressed his desire to be baptized and is keeping the commandments but Satan, as always has his little tricks. The good thing is that we, as members of this great and true church, know how to avoid and escape these temptations. 
My companion is doing great. He is a little stubborn and timid. He always has to have an explanation of everything. But its good because I can practice patience. He asked me this morning if he could sleep in an extra 15 minutes. I chuckled and told him no. It's hard to adjust to this new life but after awhile it will be come second nature. He's a great missionary but he doesn't trust himself so I'm right now working with his confidence. It's actually grown a lot this past week so I'm hoping I can let off the throttle and let him teach more. It's fun to train again and I love every second of it.
Thanks again for everything and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Dial 


No comments:

Post a Comment