Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A long awaited baptism!! Nov.17th 2014

This week has been a pretty good week. We were able to baptize A and his family came to the baptism so we will be working with them extra hard to get them to that point also. 
We also had a miracle happen this week. It was Saturday and we were contacting and a lady stops us and asks if we are the Mormon missionaries. I reply with a cheerful "yes we are!" She then proceeds to explain that she had been attending church in Nogales and was suppose to be baptized October 20th, but she moved into our area and didn't know where or what time church started. We told her the time and she told us she would be there. Well, Sunday came and she didn't show up. After church and everything else that I needed to get done, my companion and I started to search for her house. She didn't know her address fully so we show up at the two streets that she told us and began knocking doors. We tried calling her and everything. She answered once and told us that she went to church in nogales, which is an hour away. We tried to get her to tell us her house number but the call got dropped after one minute!! So we will keep trying to call her and set up another appointment.
Right now our tanks are empty. A was our last person we had lined up for baptism. We have hit our slump for now but we will get out of it soon. Just need to keep working harder and harder everyday!!! and I need to to get my companion excited! 
Oh, here is something that you'll like Aunt Samantha! We saved a dog this week! It was in the street and was about being bulled by all the other dogs! So we picked it up and took it home. We bathed it and gave it some food and the next day we found her a really great home!! Its a beautiful dog. I don't know what kind of dog it was but a beautiful color.  It was only for one night and it was for a good cause! And It's my obligation to Duke. Anyways, that's all that happened this week. 
Oh and something that happened a few weeks ago but I kept forgetting to tell you is that my  retainer that I have on my bottom teeth, broke! But not all, only a part. Only on one tooth. I was like "What? How could this happen?" I was picking my teeth with a tooth pick and it broke! But I guess I'll just have to wait until I get home because I'm definitely not going to a dentist here because I'm sure, instead of fixing it, they'll end up pulling the tooth and give me a fake silver one. Silver, not even gold!!! Hahahahahaha But it's not bugging me anymore so I'll be fine! 
Also attached is a photo of many Books of Mormon in other languages!! I'm trying to pick up Italian. We will see how it goes!!
Love you all and have a great week!!!

Elder Dial









No comments:

Post a Comment