Sunday, May 31, 2015

Who Knew I Liked Shrimp? May 18th 2015


Shrimp Cocktail...Pretty good but no way
I could finish the whole thing!
This past week has been pretty good. We had zone conference Tuesday with president, so that was pretty cool. Then my companion felt sick again so after the conference ended at 3, we went and ate and then taught a lesson at 4 and were then at the hospital until 9. They took my companions blood and did some tests to make sure it wasn't anything serious. The tests came back negative for EVERYTHING! I really just think he had a stomach ache. 
After that we went out and worked. We have a few families that are progressing very well and I should be able to baptize them before I finish my mission. I hope so because I want to return to be able to go through the temple with them. That would be Amazing!!! I just have to get a job when I get home and start saving. 
 One of the families that we are working with is a blast!! The dad is in desperate search for a job. He's been out of work for a good time now and he's desperate. They literally don't have any money to buy a food. I feel bad because we've done everything we can. We took him to the self sufficient center to help him look for a job, we've asked everyone we talk to, and we've even talked to the members if they need some one to clean their houses. It's a family of 5. Him and his girlfriend (they aren't married) and 3 kids. The oldest child is 12, then there's 10, and 4. The 4 year old is so funny. She's the cutest kid ever!! She always wants to sing hymns and is beginning to pray. She's has a little potty mouth, but that's because she has been raised that way. We are working with them on that but it's so funny what she says because it's at the most random times. The package that you sent me full of candy, well she ate about half. Hahahaha and every time we visit them, she asks me if I brought candy. They are a great family and we told Daris (the 12 year old) that if she reads the Book of Mormon, my companion and I will sing a song that she likes in English. Hahaha all those years in Tactus are paying off ;) Haha 
We also are teaching a 12 year old kid who is a character!  He is short and chubby and hilarious!! He just does random stuff and acts like a goofball. At church he is very well behaved though. 
We are also teaching in English!! It's kind of weird...well, actually really weird.  She lived in the US for quite some time but returned because her papers expired. She is currently trying to get her papers again so she can go see her family. We actually haven't taught her in English yet but my companion always talks to her in English. I've tried talking to her in English but I don't like to. I would rather stumble over broken Spanish than speak English at this point. I have no clue what I'm going to do when I get home. I think I'll have to go live with Carson so I can at least translate for him when he needs to speak Spanish with his patients. 
Things are coming to a close. I'm not dead yet! I'll keep working until President Porter releases me and even then I'm sure I'll still be wanting to work. There are people who still need to be rescued and if there's anything I learned on my mission it's that the members need to help the missionaries. They are willing to feed and to go on splits with the missionaries but that's it. We as members can do so much more. We cannot rest. Christ, when dead, still got to work. His lifeless body was placed in a tomb, but his spirit went into the spirit world and continued to preach. He is our perfect example and I invite all to follow his example, members and non-members. He leads the way to eternal happiness. He is the light and the life of the world. This is his church. He leads and guides us today through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know Christ lives. Having been testifying of Him these past 2 years has deepened my understanding and has helped me feel more of his love for all. I love this work and hope and pray that we may be able to follow his example and continue bringing souls unto him. 

Elder Dial


Frozen Pineapple of course I had room for this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment