Sunday, May 31, 2015

I'll go where you want me to go. May 25th 2015


 We had 7 at Church yesterday with a baptism. Alfredo Is such a great guy. I love him. He has quite a story but I'll have to tell it when I get home. Long story short, he has no job and he is separated from his wife and kids because he literally can't support them. The economy here is horrible. But that's another story for another day. It is sufficient to say that even though he has no job, he has bright hope for the future. This week we are working with him so he can receive the Priesthood and baptize his son and daughter. It's an amazing family. We also have another few baptisms lined up for this week so I'm not dead yet. Still have a lot of work to do. 
I went and had my last interview with President today. I went to the offices to renew my Temple recommend so I could go to the Temple on the 5th and he decided to have my last interview then and there. We started talking about the mission and how it's been for me and then he asked me what where my plans for after the mission. What would you have said? Well I said what I thought he wanted and told him that I was going to go study and work and all that jazz. He replied, and why? I was a bit confused and then he explained that normally nobody ever thinks or understands the blessings of the Temple. And how we should attend the temple as often as we can. Luckily There will be 2 temples within minutes of me and I'll be able to go with Dad at least once a week. We also talked about a few other things and he said something that put things in perspective. He said "imagine if you would've stayed in Terra Blanca, you would not have helped these families." I was thinking about that and well its true. The Lord knows me and knows who needs my help. I just pray that even after the mission I can be lead to those that need me. 
Well, that's all the exciting news for the week. Plus I don't want to tell you everything because then in two weeks we wont have anything to talk about ;) Love you all. The church is true. God lives and loves his children. He has said "If ye love me, keep my commandments." We show our love for him by keeping the commandments. It is the only way to eternal happiness. 

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment