Monday, May 12, 2014

Catching up...March 31st

March 31st:

First off I want to wish a very Feliz Cumpli Años to Aubry and Jennifer who had their birthdays last week, and also to my cousin Maya who will turn 19 this Wednesday, April 2nd!!

So I hope you all are excited and preparing for this weekend!! I LOVE General Conference!!!! Partly because it's the only time I can watch TV, the only time I can watch TV in ENGLISH, and more importantly, we get to listen to a living Prophet and living Apostles!!!! So this week I´ve been preparing myself for conference. I've been praying about certain questions I have and also I've been listening to and reading conference talks. I know I will receive some sort of revelation that will be EXACTLY what I need! I hope that all of you have prepared! It is a wonderful opportunity to receive personal revelation for personal problems that you may have. Of that I testify!!
Anyways, this week was a pretty good week. So that missed field goal that I told you about last week, well turns out to be the statue of liberty play that made the game! Yes we did baptize and confirm K! It was a miracle and I'm stupid to have doubted! The Lord answered my prayers but, like usual, not in the way that I wanted or expected, but he answered. It was an excellent reminder that God ALWAYS answers our prayers but in HIS time and HIS way.   Also, after the baptism Friday, we were walking home and this guy started talking to us. I thought he was drunk because he started talking to me in English. I'm still not sure if he was drunk or drugged. I couldn't smell the Alcohol or any drugs probably due to the fact that he was smoking. Anyways, he spoke broken English and while we were talking, we find out the guy is a member! A member that is lost! He started talking to us about how he doesn't believe in Joseph Smith, he likes to smoke and drink, and the he doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God. While we were talking I tried to bear my testimony of the word of wisdom and how it was given to us through revelation to a living prophet and how our bodies are temples and we should take care of them by not partaking of these substances, but he didn't want to listen he just wanted to contend. And as it says in the Book of Mormon, "the spirit of contention is not of me (Christ) but is of the devil."He kept telling me he doesn't believe in the trinity because it's only words in the bible and he doesn't believe in words. So after listening to him  I finally told him that we needed to leave. He left a little angry. I think it was because I didn't speak English with him. He spoke to me in broken English and I spoke to him in Spanish. Anyways, as he was leaving he said "I think you have more doubts than I do right now." Well I can say there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true! I hope all of you have a great week and I pray that you all will be able to watch conference this weekend. It truly is a wonderful time to receive revelation for yourselves. 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Saturday AND Sunday!! Watch all the sessions! You never know which General Authority will speak to you directly! Love you all!




























No comments:

Post a Comment