Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Broken shoes and kind gestures

Well, I haven't completed a year on my mission but I have less than a year left. Try and figure that one out ;)
Anyways this past week has been pretty up and down. It started out when we went to a Little town outside of Cordoba but still in our area. We walked around that town looking for new people to teach . Well we found some new people and then we went back Saturday but NOBODY WAS HOME!!! So again we walked around the city looking for more new investigators. Then Sunday my shoes completely broke and I don't have another pair so I put on my Tennis and went to work. But today I did buy some new boots for the rain because it has rained 5 out of 7 days this past week.
Also we received the conference Liahona! AH!!! I LOVE CONFERENCE! I can't wait for the next session. I just wanted to remind all of you of a talk by Elder M Russell Ballard. In this talk he encourages everyone to buy and study Preach MY Gospel. I hope you all have a copy and I would love to hear what you are studying. I am currently studying Chapter 10. It's really good. It talks about how we should listen because most people are like Icebergs. You can only see whats on top but by listening you can see the entire Iceberg. Anyways, I thought that was interesting. Also he stated that he wants every member to invite someone to listen to the missionaries quarterly! At this point I want to "Follow up", another principle he talked about, and see how all of you are doing on your commitments. Especially the "Bring one soul unto Christ"   Anyways, just wanted to check on that.
So a quick short cool story. This week we took a taxi to visit an investigator and the taxis driver didn't have change for a 50! How, I do not know because it only cost us 20. Anyways we were looking for some one to change our bill and a random lady who paid for our Taxi! What a kind gesture!!! There are still nice people in the world!!!!
So nothing much else has happened this week. Just my shoes broke and a lot of walking. Hope all is well! Love you and have a great week!!!!
 
Elder Dial
Out with the old and in with the new! Let's get to work!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment