Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day!! And yes dad, we did baptize! (See pictures). Anyways, Have a very Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Hope you enjoyed your one day of the year because that's all the world is willing to give you... the other 364 days of the year are dedicated to work and family.

This past week was pretty good. The best part being the baptism we had. The worst part, he was the only one of our investigators that actually showed up at church. It's a little frustrating. They accept the invitation to be baptized and then they won't go to church. They always use the excuses, "I went out with my family" or "I was working"  or "I was sleeping". But I am afraid that all this falls on the heads of the teachers. I guess we didn't teach them well enough for them to understand that they need to attend their meetings and we are trying to help them. Luckily our investigators who didn't show up, we wont have to change their baptismal dates.
So our new president will probably get here at the beginning of July. That's when President Treviño starts his new calling as an area 70. Well he technically already has started his new calling but that's when he will get into the full swing of things.
So this past week nothing too exciting happened.  President Treviño is cleaning the mission and has placed a new rule which states that if we are not in the house by 9PM we lose the privilege to write home on Monday. So we have been getting to our house in between 8:30-8:45 every night which was the mission rule anyway.
Oh, so the big news for this week is that everybody is watching the World Cup. That means very few people are letting us in to teach. It amazes me at how much people here love soccer. I will say I don't hate the sport, But i still don't like it. But it is starting to grow on me. I still wont let my kids play it. Anyways, that's about it for this week. Hope all is well and know your in my prayers. Love you.
 
Elder Dial
 

PS. The other picture is of our fan. If you look closely, you can see that we had to use packaging tape to fix it. I'm pretty sure it would qualify for "the Red and Green show."

No comments:

Post a Comment