Tuesday, July 15, 2014

No Celebrating here but Happy 4th of July!

So before I forget again, I want to wish everyone a Happy (late) 4th of July. They don't celebrate it here so I completely forgot about it until I wrote in my journal that night. I'm glad to hear Trey will be alright. That is a testimony builder for all. I would also like to add my testimony of the power of fasting. Last Monday I had been fasting because we hadn't found any new investigators to teach. So I decided to fast. After I had ended my fast we left and went to work. We didn't find any new investigators until Thursday and Friday. The Lord really does answer our prayers. Not always in the way we want or in the time frame we desire but he does answer them. Trey wasn't instantly healed, but the Lord heard the prayers of his faithful people and provided the way for Trey to surpass this affliction.
This week has been pretty normal. Our new mission president arrived. Yesterday was another rough day. None of our investigators showed up to church. We went to pick them up but they were all "busy." Sometimes I just don't know what to do. When I'm trying to do everything right, everything goes wrong. It's just the part of missionary work. We don't have anyone lined up for this next month. I guess it's because of my pride. I have to appologize for my pride. This has really been a humbling experience. I just hope I've learned what I need to so that we can move on and we can start having more success. 
Last Tuesday our district class consisted of Little Ceasars and a trip to the doctor.
Out of our 3 companionships that we have in our district, 1 of them didn't show up because they were in Veracruz. So our DL decided to go get some pizza. Well, as we are walking back from the pizza, on of the Elders tripped and fell and cut his hand. When he had fallen he landed in a nice Dog crap pile and a broken glass bottle. So to be sure that his hand wouldn't get infected, we took him to the doctor to get him all fixed up.
Wednesday and Thursday weren't very exciting, but Friday we went to another city that is about an hour from Cordoba. It is part of our area. Well on the bus ride there, we sat down and I noticed a lady staring at my name badge. I got the impression to talk to her but the truth is, is that I just wanted to sleep so I shrugged it off. Well about 30 seconds later, She starts talking to one of the members that we brought with us that day. Turns out she had met and talked with the missionaries before but had lost contact because she moved. I started talking with her and gave her a Book of Mormon to read. She told she would read it and we set up another appointment for the next week. Just goes to show that you should ALWAYS follow the promptings of the Spirit. 
On Saturday we were contacting and we knock on this one door and this lady comes out and sees our name badge and demands what we are doing. We tell her that we are missionaries and then she interrupts me and tells us in a very rude way that she was also a missionary  and a member of her churches choir. She then points to the statue of the Virgin Mary and declares that she is catholic and the she didn't want anything to do with us and then rudely went back inside.  It is pretty amazing how rude some people can be.
So today we went to paint a house of a member and then we left to see a waterfall.

It was pretty cool. There were some train tunnels that were right next to it so we played around on those for a bit and took some pictures. Anyways, Love you all and hope you have a great week!! Always in my prayers!!!

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment