Tuesday, July 15, 2014

HUMP DAY

Yes Thursday was my  official "Hump Day"  and we went to Veracruz to the 
"Good-Bye conference" of President Treviño. Our new Mission President will be 
here Saturday. So we spent all day in Veracruz and got back to Cordoba around 6 PM. We 
then went to work for a little bit and came home and then proceeded with the traditional 
burning of the shirt. Wasn't as exciting as I thought but anything with fire is still 
pretty fun.


Saturday we baptized a woman named E. And boy did that come with a lot of stress. But the stress came AFTER!!! So back story; Before we baptized her, we knew she lived out of our area. We did everything we could do to tell her she needed to attend her own Ward but she didn't want to. In our Ward she has a great friend that supports her. So we called President Treviño and he told us we could baptize her in our Ward but she needed to be confirmed a member in the Ward where she lives. So that is what we did and all in all, a daughter of God has come into the fold.


 











 So as i said, I have surpassed my "hump day". I would like to thank 
everyone for all your prayers and support over this past year. As I've reflected on this 
past year I've learned a lot. and I would like to share a few of the things I've learned.
    I've learned about the love God has for ALL his children. I learned how to rely more 
on the spirit and to recognize the promptings of the Spirit. I've learned how to listen. 
My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown. I've learned to love and some times just 
tolerate and have patience for someone for 3-4.5 months. I've learned how to pray. I've 
learned that I can't do everything and to rely on the Lord. I've learned to be patient 
and to work through the hardest moments of my life, knowing the Lord will bless me. I've 
learned how to love and see people how they really are; as true sons and daughters of our 
Heavenly Father. As I look back on the past year, I'm excited to grow even more in this 
coming year. A quote from President Monson comes to mind. He says, "Learn from the 
past, prepare for the future, and live in the present." As I reflect on the lessons 
I've learned I will be better prepared for my future. And if i live in the present and 
work hard , my future will be even brighter. Again thank you all for your support. Love 
each and every one of you!!! Have a great week.
Elder Parker Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment