Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Time to Train


So this week has been a new experience for me. Training is tough. My companion will do what I do so I need to be on my guard all the time, which doesn't change anything... but now I have to be conscious of it all. It's a little stressful too because I'm basically doing everything. But what I'm most worried and stressed about are our baptisms. I want to be a great example for my companion and I want to show him that we can baptize every week but yesterday only one of our investigators showed up to church. Thank goodness for that one investigator. That and also the secretaries in the offices lost 2 of our information sheets for a couple baptisms that we had a couple weeks ago, so its as if they weren't even baptized! We will either have to baptize them again or fill out another information sheet for them. I'm hoping for the second option because we have all their information; just need to write it on a new piece of paper and send it in.
 So my new companion is from Zacatecas Mexico. His name is Elder G. and is 25 years old. He has a pretty sick car and BMX bike that he was showing me. He is the oldest of 4. He has two younger sisters ages 15 and 6 and a younger brother age 7. He's a Little short as you can tell from the pictures or I'm just abnormally fat. (Still waiting on the P90X ab ripper X workout dad) Anyways, he is really cool and actually speaks broken English. He lived in California for a year before moving to Reno Nevada where he lived for an additional 4 years.  But its cool that I can speak to him in English and he can understand me. Even though it's getting harder and harder to speak English. I'll be speaking to Elder G. in English and we will end the conversation speaking Spanish. I just hope that in my homecoming I will be able to speak English well enough that the Ward can understand me.
Anyways, the work here is going good. We have a lot of work to do and only ONE YEAR to do it!!!! Ok a Little more than a year but never-the-less, I still have a year. In this last year many great and wonderful things will happen. Thanks for all your support and prayers. Love you all and have a great week!


Elder Dial
Our New Zone


This week Elder S. and Elder J. returned to Boise after serving for 2 years here in Veracruz. They will be missed here in Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment