Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Testimony Of The Book of Mormon


Before Elder Dial heads off from here to there, he wants to share with you his 
renewed love of the Book of Mormon.

What I love to do is read and study the Book of Mormon! It wasn't until I came to the MTC that I actually started studying the Book of Mormon. I've read it a couple times before but never really studied it. I love it! I would encourage all you that are reading the Book of Mormon to study it also! The knowledge you will receive will be greater than reading any other book. If you still aren't reading or haven't read the Book of Mormon I again extend the challenge to you. I can sit here and tell you how much I love reading the Book of Mormon and what blessings will come from reading it, but unless you actually experience it, you won't know what I'm talking about. You have agency so I can't force you to read it, but I would encourage you to read it. Again you can't know of my joy and happiness unless you experience it yourself. I know the Book of Mormon is true! That Joseph Smith restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ again on the Earth. I pray that the Book of Mormon will become more than just another book to you, rather a tool that you can use to enhance your life. Take the challenge. Read the Book of Mormon just once. Just one time, and you will know what I am talking about when I and countless others say that the Book of Mormon will bless your life in ways you can't even imagine. I leave this promise with you. A promise that prophets and apostles have promised from when the earth was created. That promise is this, that you will grow closer to God and Christ. And that as you read and study it, you will discover and receive answers to your prayers. You can be comforted in times of trials as well as receive knowledge as to how to over come these trials. But know this, the Lord will answer our prayers, but it may not be how we want or when we want them, but he will answer them. We have to do our part and be patient and be looking for our answers. God may answer our prayers, but unless we are constantly searching for an answer and have faith that we will receive an answer, then we may miss the quite whisperings of the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment