Wednesday, April 8, 2015

How Great Thou Art March 9th 2015



Some weird and unexpected things have happened this past week. The weather being one of them. Normally at this time we are into the high 80s low 90s but all this week it's been cloudy and rainy. I'm not complaining; I'm just saying that it's something unnatural for this time of year in "La novia del sol" (Girlfriend of the sun). That's what they call this place. but it will start heating up this week.
Another weird and rather disappointing event that happened was that one of our investigators, D, got cold feet and wasn't baptized this week. She past her baptismal interview and everything but at the very last second, she told us she wanted more time.  The Lord did bless us though. He blessed us by guiding us to S and M. They are a couple that we found while teaching a recient convert. They came to church and accepted a baptismal date for the 28th of March.
We are also working with K. She is the daughter of a less active member. We started teaching her and come to find out that she doesn't believe in God. I wasn't shocked shocked but I was surprised. Everywhere you look you will see the hand of the Lord. The hymn "how great thou art" comes to mind. We have everything as a testimony that God exists. All you have to do is kneel down and ask. The primary hymn also comes to mind: "Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" The answer is found in the second verse; "Pray, he is there. Speak, he is listening."
I know God lives and loves each and every one of his children. 
Although we didn't have a baptism this week, I still baptised! How does that work you might ask? Well, when your a zone leader, you get to travel to the other areas in the zone to do baptismal interviews. Well, I did a baptismal interview and i left the decision to the investigader. Well, she talked with the other Elders who where teaching her and she wanted me to perform the ordinance. It was a very cool experience.
I also found out that a family that I baptized back in May of 2014 will be going to the temple to be sealed on May 16th and I'll be able to go! I'm super excited!!! I love this family like my own. They have a little boy named A. who I baptized. He's 8 and is a blast! He's so funny and he's like the little brother I've never had.
Also, a recient convert had her baby the past week and so we went to see how she was doing. She's doing great right now and the baby also. Her sister also had a baby this past week but we haven't had time to go over and see how she's doing but I'm hoping that today or tomorrow we will head over there to see how everything is going.
Anyways, that's been my week. I hope they advise us of Daylight savings time because I know we have it here but it's not the same week as the US. Right now we are on the same time but in a few weeks we will spring ahead an hour. General Conference is in a few weeks so I hope all of you are preparing yourselves for the spiritual feast that will happen on April 4th and 5th. I love conference. It will be my last one on the mission :( Thanks for everthing and all of your support. Love you and as Brother Fife always says; "The church is....TRUE!" Of that I testify. 

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment