Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy last week of February! Feb.23, 2015

Happy last week of February! No me venga! Feliz cumpleaños Papá! Happy Birthday Dad...on the 1st of March...
Also, congrats Carson and Carly! I sent a little something home for the new Dial baby. As for letters and packages that your going to send me, you have until the end of March to send them because it takes me about a month and a half to receive them and I wont have a lot of room in my luggage to bring everything home. If you want to send me something send me candy or something that I wont have to pack up in my luggage because like I said, I wont have much room. Thanks. 
So this week has been a great week with another baptism: V. It was a bit of a struggle with her but we were able to get permission from her dad. Her sister is a member so we had the support from her also. 
This week we have another baptism lined up but it's a long shot. We really need a miracle to pull it off. His name is M. A. He's 19 years old and his grandparents and cousins are members. He attends church and wants to change but something is holding him back. He has a good intention. He even told us he doesn't want to be baptized just because he likes a Mormon girl. He wants to be sure it's because he knows it's true.  If he doesn't end being baptized this week we will go for the next week. 
We also have D. She lives with some members and went to church a couple of times and loved it. We've been teaching her and she is really progressing. She's 23 years old and is pregnant. She has a baptismal date for the following week on the 8th. We have a few more we are working with for the 15th. They are a little more difficult because they live on a ranch about 15 minutes away in car. Luckily we have some really good members who always take us there in their pick-up. 
This past week I was able to watch "Meet the Mormons" but it was in Spanish. Our Mission President called us Monday and told us the news and I did not believe him because it was so out of the ordinary. But we did watch it and it was pretty great. It will be showing here in Mexico this Friday. I encourage all of you to watch it. I'm sure it's on youtube or something like that in the USA but go and see it for the first, second, third fourth or whatever number of time but go watch it and bring a friend. 
Sunday was something special! N, who was baptized 2 weeks ago received the Arronic Priesthood! AND I WAS THE ONE WHO ORDAINED HIM!!!!! It was a wonderful experience. It was the first time that I had ordained anyone to the office in the Priesthood. I thought that the first time I would do something like that would be with my own child but the Lord had other things planned. It was so cool! 
This week big things are going to happen. I can feel it. I hope all is well. I know this work is true. I know that the church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know that my reedemer lives. Of him I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Dial 


No comments:

Post a Comment