Friday, September 19, 2014

Rainey Days and Mondays Sept. 8th 2014



This week has been an up and down week. It´s starting to rain everyday now so that doesn't help much because nobody is out on the streets for us to contact and no body wants to let us "Mormons" into their house. But I'm always trying to think on the positive. That's something that has been hard for me but I'm getting better at it. It's a lot easier with my companion because he has a little temper so he gets frustrated and angry when people don't let us in. I just have to keep reminding him to smile because the Gospel is true. If we are doing our part, we will be blessed. 
Tuesday was pretty good. I taught about the Spirit in my district class. It went pretty well. The good thing about only have one other set of Elders in my district is that I don't have to go on splits very often. Once or twice every transfer. I don't really like splits very much. We end up doing them on Tuesdays after our district class and end up wasting half the day. But then again it´s good because I learn a lot from the other Elders. 
We have a few great ideas for some missionary activities. One is to start a Book of Mormon class. Very similar to the class that Brother Sanford Gives and that dad loves. The purpose of this class is to get people to read the Book of Mormon. Elder Johnson, the area president, told us that 95-99% of the members in Mexico are not reading the Book of Mormon. WHAT?!?!?!?! How? Why? I love the Book of Mormon!!! I'm actually reading in 3rd Nephi right now when Christ visits the Americas. I love the part that says that his hands are always extended to those who repent. I think it's in chapter 9 of 3rd Nephi, the last few verses. Dad, I'm also trying to read the old Testament....I just started Deuteronomy. But it's a challenge for me.
Thursday we had a training day for the ward missionaries. Well, it wasn't a day...more like 2 hours. We talked about some of the families that we would like them to visit and about their responsibilities. It reminded me a lot of the responsibilities of members. Like President Monson said, the Gospel is based on love. If we do not love our fellow man then we are not living the Gospel. So we told our ward missionaries to go and actually be their friends. That doesn't mean visit them once or twice a month. It means that you are inviting them to every activity/event and are visiting them regularly. Help them feel loved.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, it rained pretty hard. We found a family that's on the verge of separating so my companion and I were like marriage counselors for about an hour. Not something I like to do but they needed to understand how the Gospel can help save their family. As it says in Preach My Gospel, The Gospel of Christ is the only thing that can save this world from its own auto-destruction. Anyways, the church is true and that's why I am out here. Love you all and hope you have a great week! Go BSU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment