Saturday, March 29, 2014

Good-bye Elder Ramos...Hello Elder Perez

"You are Royalty"  If you have food in your frig, clothes on your back and a roof overhead you are richer than 75% of the world
If you have a little money in the bank, or spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy
If you can drink from your kitchen faucet whenever you want..you are more fortunate by far than 1.5 billion people who dont have clean water at all
If you can attend a church without fear of harassment, arrest or torture, you have the kind of freedom denied to more than 3 billion people in the world.
If you can read this message, you are belssed , 2 billion cannot read at all.
If your everyday problems are  weighying you down, there are millions of people who would gladly trade places with you right now..;problems and all and feel they have been royally blessed.
REMEMBER: "From those to whom much is given, much is expected."

this is a pretty long quote but it is a quote that Grandma and Grandpa Freeman sent me and I love it because I've seen all of this here in Mexico. Count your many blessings!
So first I want to clarify a few things that have come up in some of your letters. First, Transfers are every 6 weeks, so mark your calendars. And Second, when I said that we will be baptizing every week by April I didn't mean the entire mission. Yes someone in the mission is baptising every week but what I meant is that every COMPANIONSHIP will be baptizing every week, or should be. That means my companion and I will baptize every week along with every other companionship. 

So speaking of transfers, yes they are tomorrow.  So the next transfer will be Abril 15th I think. My companion Elder Ramos, is leaving.

My new companion is Elder Perez. He is pretty short and is from Guatemala. That´s all I know about him right now.
So this week was pretty average.  I bought a wheelchair. I got tired of walking everywhere so I bought one. The guy wanted 1000 pesos but I talked him down to 800! Hahaha no not really. Well I did buy a wheelchair but it's not for me. It is for a less active member who wants to go to church but physically cannot. So I bought it and we went with the Relief Society President to deliver it. It was a pretty special moment. The family was speachless. They kept saying, "We don't know what to say. Thank you so much." 

I will say I'm tanning pretty nicely. but not before I get burnt. The sun is pretty strong here and the past 2 P-Days we've had activities out in the sun and I don't have sun screen. I'm going to buy some...sometime. If I remember and can find it in the store. But I will say my Volleyball skills are improving.


Today we had an activity with the ward as a sort of "good bye" for Elder Ramos. A couple members brought their gloves and I was able to grab mine and throw a little bit. It's sad to say but I don't think I'll be pitching any more any time soon. After we had been throwing for a while, one of the members wanted me to pitch. He knew I was a pitcher. So After  awhile of warming up I got in the wind up and launched one. Not my hardest because we were playing on cement and he didn't have any protective gear. But my arm was done. I thought it would be warm with the heat and after just tossing it back and forth for about 30 minutes but no. I didn't pull anything or hurt anything but I knew that if I continued, I was going to re-injure my arm. Don't know what I did to it but I don't think I'll be pitching any time soon.

So this next week we have a couple baptisms set up. I Love you all. And for mom, only 15 more fast sundays. Time is flying by and before you know it I'll be preparing for my flight home. I hope everyone in the family can be there. Kent and Samantha, Lance and Terri, Jay and Linda, and well... everyone! Expecially at my home comming talk. I'm telling you this now so you all can clear your schedules.Be sure to be in Boise June 2015. Love you all. Take care.


Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment