Sunday, January 4, 2015

My last Christmas in Mexico Dec. 29,2014





Well, The last email of the year. Don't know where to begin....As I reflect on this past year and how I've been here in Mexico the entire year, I've been able to see how I've grown and how much more I have to learn. I want to thank you all for all the support you've given me while I've been here in Mexico serving the Lord. I wish I could give you something to show my appreciation but there's nothing on Earth that I could buy or give that would appropriately express my love for each and every one of you. I pray that God may bless you and your families today and for all eternity.
Christmas was pretty great. I'll start with Christmas eve. Christmas eve day was a normal day of work until about 7:30 PM. At 7:30 PM we went to a members house and celebrated Christmas the Mexican way! :) We sang and danced a little and then stuffed out faces. What made it special was that I was once again reminded of the pure love of Christ. Love is the essense of the Gosple as President Monson has said. I was a little sad as my companion and I sang "The Last Noel". Upon returning home, I opened my traditional Christmas gift of PJs. It really did bring a smile. :) Then I retired to my bed. 
Christmas day and the celebration continues. Thank you for all the wonderful gifts. After the opening of presents, we went back to work but it was a crappy day to work because nobody was home!
Hahaha But we then went and ate lunch and broke some piƱatas! :) A fun Mexican tradition that I will be bringing home with me for the next Christmas! :D 

Christmas in Mexico is something special and very humbling. I think I received more presents than most children here in Mexico did. A tradition Mexican Christmas consists of receiving one single gift. It's very humbling to see; especially in the past few weeks as I've been "Sharing the Gift". I've been able to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about gifts, toys, parties, or the food, the true reason why we celebrate Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. It's amazing to not just watch and see the diference but also feel the diference. The month of December is different from every other month because it's the only month that most people actually take the time and remember Jesus Christ. To be honest, that's really sad. All that He's done for us and so many of us only remember him 1 month of the year? My dear friends, we can do better than that! As the year comes to a close, I hope each and everyone of us can reflect on how much we've changed and set goals to get better. Spiritual goals as well as temperal goals. May we all try to be a little better this year, 2015, and may we all try and remember He who gave his life for all. Happy New Years and I'll see you all next year!!! 

Elder Dial

                     Christmas Photo's

Check out my room!

Traditional Christmas Eve P.J.s


Christmas Morning (check out the pillowcase Sister Hobson!)

No comments:

Post a Comment