Monday, January 12, 2015

Ward Party Prep Jan.12, 2015

First I would like to wish Madison a very Happy Birthday!! I know it was on the 10th but I didn't forget!!!
This past week was a pretty great week. We had a few of our investigators attend church yesterday so that really made my day. E (Hope) came and stayed for all 3 hours. E is a very special investigator. She is very skeptical of EVERYONE!!! She works in her mom's store. She is roughly 40 years old. She has a lot of what we would say are street smarts. She's really funny though. It's been fun to see her progress. At first she was a little skeptical of us but as we passed by more, she has started to open up more and it's been a lot of fun teaching her. 
The other one that came to church was A. K. She has attended a lot of times with other missionaries but hasn't attended for about a month or two. She's married to a member who is a little less active so we are trying to kill two birds with one stone by activating her husband and baptizing her. It's going to be a little tough but with the spirit we can do it. 
Wednesday we had interviews with President Cordova. Long story short he told me that I'm good, but that I have even more potential than I know and that I need to find this hidden potential and explore it.  Just when I thought I was giving it 100% on my mission, President tells me I have more to give! Don't know quite where to start looking but I can't waste time! I need to look for it and find it soon or my fear will become a reality! The fear that I still have more to give to the Lord. I pray I can find it soon!!!!
This week and the next week we will be preparing for our ward mission activity. We are going to have a Hawaiian Luau!! :) We made a few Hawaiian necklaces (Don't remember what their actually called, Perdon mi espaΓ±ol esta tomando control de mi mente). We have a lot of things to do and only 2 weeks to do it. I pray I have a little portion of the creativity from the Freeman Genes. I'll keep you updated on everything.

Oh and today we had an intense workout!! I say intense because after 19 months on the mission, the body has changed drastically! Haha It actually wasn't that hard but I haven't had an intense workout in almost 20 months. A young woman in the ward needed help with a school project. Her project was to try and give the missionaries a heart attack! Hahaha not really! I'm only joking! But it was hard! The hot humid weather of Veracruz did not help! So we helped her out a bit and we did her workout routine and it was brutal. Not brutal in the sense that it was impossible, brutal in the sense that a fat, double chinned missionary is going to pass out because it's a routine of constant movement! No breaks to catch your breath ni nada!! I have a lot of work to do if I'm going to get rid of this double chin!
(this picture was taken from Sister Jones' blog)
Anyways, hope everyone has a great week! The Church is true and God and his son Jesus Christ both live. We must be prepared and prepare others for that glorious day when the Lord shall come and every head shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. May we all find our hidden potential and magnify it so we may stand blameless before God and he can welcome us with out stretched arms as he tells each and every one of us, well done my true and faithful servant. May we all echo Paul's exclamation when he said, "I have fought the good fight and have kept the faith." 

Elder Dial


1 comment:

  1. Parker it has been a blessing to watch you grow into such wonderful young man. We are so or out of you and the work you are doing. As always keeping you in our prayers. Love you in the heart πŸ’šπŸ’› always in the heart πŸ’š πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete