Monday, October 14, 2013

My Birthday Mexico Style

So this week has been up and down. Thursday was my birthday and, well, it was like any other day. We went to work. We went to a less active members home and made some donuts. It was a little funny because they didn't know it was my birthday but my companion and I thought they did. We thought that was why they had us over for donuts.
Anyways when we returned home I got a soaked with water and egg mixture and to top it off, they (members who live in our apartment complex) poured flour on me.
But after I washed up and changed we went to the apartment of a member and had dinner and cake. It was another reminder that I'm always surrounded by people that love me.
On Sunday we were suppose to have another baptism, but it didn't happen. We waited at the church for an hour but they didn't show up. It all started when the mom got a boyfriend who is a Jehovah Witness. Every since then the mom and the son who we were suppose to baptize haven't been coming to church. It amazes me how hard the adversary is working to halt the work of the Lord. But really all he is doing is strengthening my resolve to bring ALL unto Christ.
I finished the Book of Mormon in English on Wednesday and in Spanish on Thursday. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon. It is the key stone of our religion. If people would just read it they would find the entire doctrine of Christ. Through the Book of Mormon we gain a testimony of tithing, the word of wisdom, Joseph Smith, Prophets, Jesus Christ is our Savior, and so much more.  Honestly, if I was only given one opportunity to teach a lesson I would tech about the Book of Mormon. It truly is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Well, my area, Tres Valles, isn't small, but isn't huge either. Some times I feel like we've tracked everybody here but the Lord always manages to show us people who we haven't met yet. My zone, Tierra Blanca is struggling. Like I said, the adversary is hard at work but we must be diligent, obedient, patient, and humble, and then the Lord will help us and answer our prayers. Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. It is now my turn to wish  very happy birthday and a little late happy birthday to a couple of my dear friends. Happy Birthday Cody Spjute, Kayley Hastings, and Jon Hastings. Love you all and may the Lord continue to bless us as we ALL labor in the vineyard of the Lord.
Elder Dial
Gifts from Home

Mexican "Smashing your face into your cake" tradition



Thank you all for your birthday wishes and your acts of service on my birthday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment