Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Moon Over Mexico








Moon Over Mexico

Our President challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. He said 10 pages a day should be a good start. So far I’ve read 10 pages everyday and am almost done with 1 Nephi. For those of you who are not currently reading the Book of Mormon, I extend this challenge to you. The Book of Mormon is our machine gun in a war of bows and arrows. 

We played baseball today, and yes I pitched. We played with a tennis ball because not everyone had gloves. No I didn't throw my fastest because a lot of the guys didn't know how to play. But none the less, we had a great time.
I want to go back and talk about some things I learned at our Zone conference. I learned that God will always help his children. No matter how many times we may fall, He will be there with hands out stretched to help us back up. The only difference between fall and fail is that we can only fail when we refuse the help of our Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ died for our sins, pains, and afflictions, so if you think no one knows how you feel, you are so wrong! Christ knows his children inside and out and knows what is best for them.
This week has been nice and cool! It has rained and been cloudy the past couple days and that has been really nice. It's been wonderful to not have to worry about sweating my brains out. 
We went tracking this week and encountered a man and his two sons. I immediately felt love for them and I am super excited to work with them. I can see that they are going to be wonderful priesthood holders!! The work here is slowing down though. We haven't had a baptism in a couple weeks. None of our investigators went to church even when we went to pick them up. It's disheartening but it just means we have to work harder.
I hope all is well and I pray for you always. May the Lord continue to bless you in all you do.
Our Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment