Monday, September 23, 2013

A Little Elbow Grease Does Wonders



I had my 4th baptism yesterday!  His wife is a member and he has been going to church for awhile and he was finally ready to be baptized.  Here is a cool story. Last Monday we were at family home evening at a members home and a less active member was walking to her house and was prompted to stop by the members' home. She had been having struggles.
The house we were at wasn't very close to her house. Anyways, she was prompted to stop by and told us what was going on. She asked for a blessing and I was able to give her a blessing of comfort in Spanish. The first blessing I've given. The Lord put the words in my mouth because after, I couldn't remember what I said. That's just one of the ways the Lord has blessed me this week.

Thursday we went to Tuxtepec to listen to President Treviño. We also went on splits with the Elder's in that area. One of the Elders' was Elder S.  from Boise and he said "I want to take Elder Dial." We had a great experience. I really like him.  Anyways, we were suppose to return to our area but there was a teacher strike and nobody could get past. The buses weren't running. Needless to say we stayed the night in Tuxtepec. 8 Elders in one appartment. We eventually got back home around 9 am the next day. We also were able to eat at McDonalds while we were there! What a treat!! Speaking of McDonalds, I've lost 17 pounds! WOW!!!!





A Little P-Day Cleaning Project!




Our New Stove....I am so excited to cook up some scrambled eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment