Monday, September 16, 2013

Hurricane...What Hurricane?



 Transfers are this week. I'm being transferred to Tuxtepec to be the district leader there. I'm nervous beyond belief because I don't know the area, the language, or the other missionaries! HAHAHAHA just kidding. ……I'm staying here in Tres Valles along with the rest of my district. Yep, my entire district is the same. I'm so glad I'm staying here though. (Nice to see he still has his sense of humor)

So this week has been pretty great. I had my 3rd baptism on Saturday and we are going to have another one this Sunday. Also today is Mexico's Independence Day. We've had 3 parties the past couple nights. One for my companion, one was a ward activity, and the other was for sister in the ward that lives in the same apartment complex.  It made me feel good to just spend time with the ward members and made me realize I am not a lone as long as I have the gospel. I know Heavenly Father is always with me but it was neat to feel that I am loved by the people here as well. I have a lot of pictures but not a lot of time so you might have to wait until next week to get more. I use my umbrella a lot and my shoes are fine. I got mail last Tuesday so that was pretty great. I got the Lothspeich's package and letter the same day. Tell them thanks for me and I love the package!!

So besides that we have been super busy. Walking everywhere is very tiring but the Lord continues to bless me with the strength I need. I have lost 14 lbs in 5 weeks. That is almost Biggest Loser numbers!So how is every one doing on their goals? I write in my Journal everyday and walking is my exercise. I'm glad Boise State is doing better!

So the story with our Baptism…. Well I honestly didn't think he was going to be baptized. He didn't really pay attention much during our lessons and was constantly being distracted by other things. But he was ready and excited so he was baptized and confirmed. We have had a baptism every week since I have been here. This week all of the Veracruz Mexico Mission except here in Tierra Blanca and Tuxtepec were shut down because of a hurricane. We are about 3 hours from the coast and kind of protected so we didn’t even get much wind. We hardly got any rain up here but all is well and we are still working hard.


This is the way we wash our clothes!


Somebody loves the color turquoise!
 Happy Mexico Independence Day

No comments:

Post a Comment