Tuesday, June 3, 2014

From trials can come blessings

So this week has been a mix of emotions. My companions negligence has been tough on me this week, but I am learning to deal with it. Last week he lost our Cell pone and then when we returned home we had no way of contacting our District Leader. I asked him if we needed to return to the church and look for it. He said no and not to worry. WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Well sure enough our DL comes knocking on our door at 10:45 PM and is very angry. We should have found someway to call. Then my companion keeps forgetting his name tag.  This is the one thing that sets you apart from every other missionary of every other faith. Then we have been returning home at about 9:20 every night. My companion will sometimes start teaching people at 8:50PM and we have to be in the house by 9. 
But those have just been a few of my frustrations but yes I talked with him about everything and things have been resolved. But all in all this past week has been a great week.
We had another baptism yesterday. We baptized a mother and her daughter. It was a very cool experience.




The only thing is that this week we don't have anyone set up because they didn't attend church. So pray that we can baptize this Sunday.
So yesterday we had a very strange time at church. We had a gay schizophrenic (can't spell) attend church. I don't say that to be rude. He flat out told us he was the "King of the homosexuals" and that he takes medication for his schizophrenia. Anyways, he started dancing in between meetings. And it was awkward. The members faces were priceless!!! He also told me "don't be jealous, but your companion is more handsome than you." I told my companion that he can have that title!
So funny story, so as I mentioned, my companion lost our cell pone. Well, we went to go buy a new one and the lady that works there is an inactive member. Her husband and son aren't members. So we past by their house and have started teaching them and they have accepted a baptismal date! I guess it was a good thing that we lost the cell phone and sometimes Heavenly Father uses our imperfections to bless us. It just shows how important families are and that God wants ALL his sons and Daughters to be able to have an eternal family. And there is only one way to do it, and that is by living the principles of the Gospel of Christ. There is a saying that I love and it goes as follows: "A missionary leaves his family for two years, so that others can be with their families for eternity." That is why I am here in Mexico! To help bring families to the knowledge that "until death do you part" is a law established by man but there is a higher law that God has established and that law is the only way we can achieve and receive true Happiness. This happiness cannot be found in any other place. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to baptize a mother and her daughter yesterday, because I know, they can be an eternal family. I love you all. I am so thankful that I can have an eternal family. There are many people that I want to get to know after this life. One of them is my Uncle Rocky. I know families can be together forever. I love each and every one of you; Aunt, Uncle, cousin, brother, sister, mom, dad, and grandparents!! I am so bless to have a wonderful family!! Love ya.



Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment