Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I'm Going to be a Father...AKA a Trainer

So to some of you, this title might scare you. But here in Mexico, when we are training a new missionary, the new missionary has the title "son." So if you're able to put 2 and 2 together, yes I am going to train a new missionary fresh from the MTC. I don't know his name or who he even is and I won't know until tomorrow. That also means that transfers are tomorrow and I'm going to stay here in Cordoba probably for another 3 months. I'm excited and a little nervous. More excited than nervous but still nervous.
I'm nervous because of the homosexual I told you about last week or the week before. Anyways, we got off the bus and started walking to the cyber because we were going to write our emails, when he comes running up to us from behind and starts talking to me. He's was talking in English because he didn't want my companion to hear or understand. Well, he started telling me about his past and how God made our bodies to feel pleasure and started asking me for my help. He told me he wanted me to read a book and he needs handsome guys like me to help. Well there goes my red flag!!!! I tell him I can't read the book and he starts repeating the same story. He starts crying and then quotes the verse from the Bible that states "when you've done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you've done it unto me." Thinking that that would convince me, he again asked for my help. Again I denied. He then leaves and so we sit down to write. Well, he returns and starts telling me all these blasphemies like Joseph Smith is in Hell and stuff like that. Finally after ignoring his whining for about 5 minutes, he left. AH esta cuate es LOCO!!!!
Anyways, other than that strange experience, my week has been pretty good. Continue to find new people to teach, and the investigators that we have are continuing to progress. They would progress a lot faster if they would attend church though!!!! R. and A. are awesome! They came to church last week but yesterday no. They are reading the Book of Mormon and they have a lot of really great questions. Some of which are as follows: "Is it bad to sell coffee?" "Who gave John the Baptist the authority to Baptize?" and many more very interesting questions. He roasts and sells coffee beans for a living and we were teaching about the Restoration and he had heard that we don't drink coffee, well that inspired the question.
We also have M. and J. They too are reading the Book of Mormon but the thing with them is that M. works Saturdays until about 5-6 AM Sunday morning. And with our meeting starting at 10, she doesn't have the energy to get up.  Well we told her that another ward meets at 1 PM and that she could go to that service. I don't know if she went or not but tomorrow we have an appointment with her to find out.
S. is a little 10 year old boy who went to church last week and yesterday and LOVES it!!!! He went last week and then we visited him Tuesday or Wednesday and he told us "I'm going to be baptized this next Sunday!!" We talked with him a little and found out his birthday is the 17th, so we put a baptismal date for the 15th. His grandma is ok with it and would really like to come too but she is about to retire and doesn't want to ask her bosses to have Sunday off because she claims "never in all my years that I've worked there, have they given anybody a Sunday off."
Anyways, those are just a few of our investigators that we have. Nothing exciting to report except that I'm going to be training a new missionary! Wish me luck!! Love ya and hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!!

Elder Dial!!!

P.S. A shout out to my best friend serving in Korea!!! Happy Birthday Elder Tyler Hobson!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment