Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

So this week has brought a whole new change. Elder G left and Elder C is my new companion.

He is such a cool missionary. He speaks little English but more than Elder Gonzalez so he teaches me and I teach him. He is from Quatalahara Mexico. I don't know if I spelled that right or not. Any ways he is super cool. I've already learned so much from him. And he is a companion that, like me, likes a clean house. So today we cleaned the entire house! It's great to have a clean house.



 
This past week was Dia de los muertos, or Day of the Dead. It wasn't what I expected it to be. I expected a giant party of some sort but there was nothing. Only shrines made to those that died. It did however make me even more grateful for the Plan of Salvation. Millions of people don't know about this plan and I love sharing it with them because it brings hope into their lives. It is such an amazing experience to watch and see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can completely change someones life.
Also this past week was Halloween. My companion and I celebrated it by wearing Halloween ties.
Other than that, nada. We continue to find new investigators every week and we found a few that are from the US but because of paper work they have to return. They want to return to the US as soon as they can. So they have a little boy that talks English with me but its funny how much he has forgotten in only a month. 
Yesterday was Sunday, Fast Sunday..... Only 19 more mom. Anyways we went with our ward mission leader to some inactive members and we encountered one who, well she is now attending a different church. I was brought almost to the point of tears. I kept wondering how could someone who has tasted of this wonderful fruit, completely reject it and go to another church. And all I can do is serve her. So that's what we are going to do this week. Serve everyone!! Saturday we helped build a house! Ok so we only mixed the cement but it felt good to serve. Mosiah 2:17 says "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when you are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God" I don't know if I quoted that completely correctly but you get the point. 
This Sunday the 10th the bishop asked me and my companion to speak on Missionary Work. He wants us to get the ward motivated and involved more in the missionary work. I have a few ideas, mainly using Preach my Gospel, but hey use your best resources right! haha anyways, I hope all is well and know that I love you.

Love Elder Parker Dial

Our new house guest

1 comment:

  1. Parker! We love and miss you and are so very proud of you! Your dinosaur house guest is completely frightening! I would have to move! Be safe as always keeping you in our prayers

    ReplyDelete