Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Elder's will be Elder's





This past week has been dificult to say the least. We weren't able to find any new investigators. And yesterday only one of our investigators attended church. Sometimes the mission and life can be dificult. But one thing I learned from Elder Jeffery R Holland is that missionary work is never easy. He likened it to missionary work but Im going to liken it to life in general. He said (his own personal opinion) that life isn't easy maybe because salvation isn't a cheep experience! It was never easy for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so why should it be easy for us. He goes on and says, still his opinion and not church doctrine, that maybe we need to walk just a little in his shoes and feel in a very small portion what he felt.  When we find ourselves asking is there an easier way, let us remember that we are not the first to ask that. One a lot greater than us asked that a long time ago. He pleaded saying "Father, if thou be willing take this cup from me." Never-the-less he said "not my will but thine be done." Things happen for a reason. We recieve no witness until AFTER the TRIAL of our faith. May we always remember our Savior, in good times as well as in bad.
Sunday I also gave a talk about missionary work. I talked about how every member is a missionary. I got thinking after I gave my talk and more came to my mind. As a missionary I wear a name tag. It has my last name and the name of Jesus Christ on it. I represent my family and more importantly Jesus Christ. But a name tag can have some disadvantages. When people see our name tag it can often times set off a warning, a red flag if you will, and many people shut the door on us. But as members, we need no name tag because when we were baptised we promised to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. You already represent him. And when you serve others and make friends who are not of our faith, you are opening the door for them to recieve the restored gospel.   You have the name of Christ written upon your hearts and people recognize you by your works, not by a name tag. It is my prayer that every member will be a missionary. It is a call from the prophets of the Lord and is our responsibility and duty to be missionaries. Come join with me in this great work, "for the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. And if you should labor all your days crying repentance unto this people and bring save it be one soul unto me (Christ) how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my father. And if your joy will be great with one soul whom you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me." I love you and pray for your success daily! 

Love Elder Dial
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment