Monday, November 25, 2013

Things I am Thankful For....

 I am thankful for pizza and the members 
 who feed us!







We found one person who is really awesome. In the first lesson she accepted a baptismal date and promised to be at church 10 minutes early! Hey 10 minutes here is like 30 minutes in the USA. We also have a couple others who are progressing really fast. Then we also have others who aren't progressing as fast and it takes patience. We will go to pick up our investigators and walk with them to church but they are busy or have to work. Even though the night before we called them or talked to them and they said they would go. We will keep trying and just work harder.So Sunday, I spent an hour with the primary....of about 7 kids.  None of them would listen to their teachers and they were running around like crazy.  I was there to help them with their primary program practice. I played the piano...well attempted to play....for them. I doubt I'll play for the real thing but who knows. There was one kid who is a real great kid. He doesn't have a father and I can tell he's looking for a father figure. He absolutely loves Elder C. and myself. We ate at his house for lunch on Sunday and he was showing us all these things that he was interested in.So this week is Thanksgiving, so I wanted to share a few things that I'm thankful for...I'm thankful for my family and all my wonderful friends. Your examples have helped me throughout my entire life and I wouldn't be here in Mexico if it weren't for you. I'm thankful for this Gospel. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to share this glorious message of this restored gospel to the people here in Mexico. I'm thankful that God loves all his children and knows them better than anyone else. I'm thankful that he hears and answers every child's prayer. It may not be the answer that we want, but it will be the answer we need. I am extremely thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He suffered for me and for each one of us, personally. He suffered for our sins, pains, and afflictions. He knows what we need and is willing to give it to us if we just ask. Through Christ I can live with my family for eternity. These are just a few of the many blessings, God has granted me and they are available for all. This week we celebrate Thanksgiving. This one day a year is when we give thanks for all we have. Is it sufficient? I submit that it is not. We have 364 other days in the year that we can and we should give thanks to our God who has given us all and has promised us all that he has. It is my hope and prayer that we may always have a heart full of thanks. When we have a heart full of thanks, it is easier to focus on the positive and in general we can live a more happy, joyful, and peaceful life. Again I'm thankful for all of you. May the Lord continue to bless you. Love you and Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment