Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Another Month In The Books! Feb. 2nd 2015

 This week has been another eventful week! I know why I had "special transfers." Well, this week marks the start of a new transfer and I had to arrive to my area early so I could learn the area and the responsibilities before my companion left. Elder R has been replaced by Elder I.
He's pretty cool. Speaks English very well and has a little less time than I do on the mission. I'm excited for this new transfer and the responsibilities of being a Zone Leader! I have to train Elder I how to be a zone leader with only two weeks experience. It should be fun! 
Anyways, we baptized the daughter of Sister N who we baptized last week. That in itself was a miracle! She did not want to get baptized. Well she did but then her boyfriend told her that  they were going to go rent an apartment and live together.  She was pretty set on not being baptized. We talked with her everyday this week about her decision. We talked about the consequences both spiritual and temporal! Her boyfriend doesn't have a high school diploma and so it would be nearly impossible for him to find a good enough job to pay the rent, the electricity, gas, water, AND pay for the baby AND his schooling! But she was set on living with him. Well, after a week of talking with her and praying  with her about the subject, we were about to give up. It was Saturday evening. About 6 to be exact, and in walks the boyfriend! My companion and I jump on the opportunity to talk to him about the decision and the spirit was so strong that he knew the truth of what we were saying and he agreed to let his girlfriend get baptized! In that moment my testimony grew stronger! I gained a testimony of prayer, fasting, patience, and in God's love for ALL his children! God will bless us only AFTER we have done everything in our power. "Ye receive no witness until AFTER the trial of your faith" (Ether 12:6) Now we only need a miracle for her brother E.
 For two weeks we've tried to baptize him and he's always SUPER excited....until he enters the water.  As soon as he enters the water, he gets struck by fear. He grabs onto the bars in the faunt and does not let go! His fear gives him super strength! My companion tried yanking him from the bars and he wouldn't let go. We've given him a blessing, We've talked to him, we've done everything in our power but no results. The only thing we can do now is wait and pray. We'll give him a few weeks to see how he feels.
Other than that, we have a few baptisms set up for this week. I'm excited to hear from Elder De Hoyos, Mexican Area President. We will talk to him as a mission Friday and then us Zone Leaders have a special conference/meeting with him Saturday. Hope you all have a great week. Love you all!

Elder Dial 


No comments:

Post a Comment